sesame street

Things have been going pretty well. I've been eating much better and in better portions. I started off the first few days above my 3,000 calorie ceiling, but I've kept it between 2,800 and 3,000 since then. If you're nosy like me and want to see what I've been eating, you can check it out at www.fitday.com and put in username "natethenorsk" and password "poiuyt". After you do, please go get a life.

Anyway, I've been walking lots more, too. My goal is 30 minutes a day 6 days a week. It's been more like 3 days a week so far, but I'm improving. Tonight the dog and I went to Memorial Park to walk around Prospect Lake. It's about a mile around, so it's perfect for an evening walk. It's been years since I've been there, and I was struck by how diverse the park visitors are. I felt like I had walked onto Sesame Street. There were hispanics, asians, blacks, whites, young, old, disabled, fully-mobile, dogs, bikes, boats, jet-skis, wind-surfboards, and roller blades. People were fishing, swimming, playing basketball, engaging each other in chess, working out, playing frisbee and lots of other activities. I thought Gordon and Maria were going to walk out from behind a tree with Big Bird and Elmo. It was a bit surreal. But things are going well.

0 comments: