birthday weekend

I was without web access for a couple days, so I wasn't able to post. Brian and I resolved everything, just in time for my birthday. I don't think it was the best idea to eat so much cake so soon after a fast. There was a birthday cake for me at work, a cake at the Behm's, and my mom baked a cake. I went grocery shopping this weekend and bought food for lunches. It's been two years since I've packed my own lunch for work, but it will be good to eat healthier everyday, as well as save a ton on lunches out!

It was a relaxing and productive weekend. I'm so full of hope for this year, and I've felt that everyday since it began. It's kept me inspired to get things done, including the mundane. Aside from relaxing with friends and family this weekend, and seeing a couple of movies, I organized my walk-in closet and got a better handle on where I am financially after a rough year last year. I tallied my debts and was a little surprised (but not totally shocked) at the figure. I'm going to check into finding some work I can do for a few hours a week (10 or so).

I've also set two important goals for the year. They're not resolutions, they are goals. They are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and have a completion date attached:

1. Lose 100 pounds by December 31, 2008. This year, I'm going to limit myself to two meals out per week. I'm going to walk at least 10 minutes continuously a day, and do other exercise for at least 20 minutes for 4 days per week. I will eat at least two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables per day. I will drink at least eight glasses of water a day. I will consume no more than 4 servings of dairy (excluding eggs) per week. I will enter my food daily onto fitday.com as best as I can remember until I have lost 50 pounds. I will take at least one cycle of hCG this year.

2. Pay off half of my debt (excluding auto and home). I will negotiate balances and payoffs with all of the creditors I can and will be current with every creditor by year's end. My list of creditors will be reduced by two thirds.

In the next day or two I'm going to establish some other goals (fitness, mental/educational, spiritual, relational, and domestic) and post them here.

1 comments:

Flabbyironman said...

I think those are really achievable, great goals. I don't think you'll have any trouble attaining them.