bacon

The scale read 349.2 this morning.

I never thought I would eat turkey bacon again. The first time I tried it the person who prepared it for me warmed it in the microwave and it was limp and a little slimy. My wife and I were at Sam's Club the other night and were planning on getting our favorite breakfast sausage, Old Folks. If the "you are what you eat" adage holds true, anyone who's ever seen my physique could guess that I'm a sausage fan--but this stuff is seriously delicious. If Jimmy Dean ate Old Folks' sausage, he would be ashamed of himself for producing an inferior product. When you first try it the experience is like Paula Deen herself popped out from under the breakfast griddle to smack you upside the head with a hefty sausage roll of pure country goodness. Sorry, I'm getting a little off track here. Anyway, for some reason we wanted to be healthier or whatever and grabbed the turkey bacon off the shelf above the pork sausage. This morning I fried up 4 slices until they were nice and crispy. It wasn't Old Folks, but it was pretty delightful. And only 35 calories per slice.

But I may have to find this turkey sausage. It looks gooo-od.


0 comments: