what a difference a year (and a half) makes

I was reading my friend Brian's blog tonight. Before his most recent posts it's been several months since he's last published his thoughts. It's been so long since I've shared my thoughts I'd nearly forgotten about my own little corner of the web. Reading through some old posts was like pulling long-lost treasures out of a time capsule. Ok, well not quite so dramatic.

I was struck with how much life has changed since I last ruminated here in the summer of 2008. It's a different decade now, and life looks drastically different, in some really great ways. This Colorado native now sits in bed writing this post in his apartment in Louisville, KY with his wonderful wife of 8 months, Erin, sleeping soundly at his side. We moved at the Lord's leading last November, leaving behind our condo in Colorado Springs to sell (please make me an offer!). My wife is working for a mayoral candidate here in Louisville as his personal assistant. The current mayor, "Mayor McCheese", as he is affectionately referred to by some residents of the city, is stepping down after twenty years (not all consecutive) as head of the Derby City. Business has been booming for Kleenex since this announcement. And I am currently unemployed, at least until my new job starts on the 19th of this month, also my 27th birthday. The health insurance industry treated me well, unfortunately my former employer did not. Some severely poor financial management led to the reduction-in-force of, well, it was more of a decimation-in-force. The layoff coincided with our move, and though I could have worked remotely from our new digs in Lousiville, I welcomed a fresh start at a new company.

I did make some goals in 2008 which I need to update all of my readers (Mom) on. I'll do that tomorrow, or at least before 2011.

0 comments: