good news

I was a slightly discouraged this weekend over my weight. On Sunday it was up a pound to 351.4. My eating was not as clean this weekend as it has been over the past week or so, but I kept my calorie intake at or a little below what my body burns daily. I guess I'll chalk it up to water retention or changes in the lunar pull or whatever. Today it was down to 350.0 so I guess I'm on the right track. I re-focused my eating today and have stuck at 2000 calories for the day. Normally I stick around 2300-2400, but I got a little too involved in a project today and forgot my about my usual afternoon snack.

Anyway, I got some great news this morning, I passed the vetting process for starting my new job. I was offered a job as a personal banker at a large, national bank a couple of weeks ago, which was fantastic. I was thrilled to know that my then 4 month hiatus from work would draw to a close. But as the bank sent my official offer letter and welcome package, I was a little daunted with the process. I had to go downtown and get fingerprinted, authorize a full background check, and complete a drug test. I knew everything would be OK and I would pass the process, but I was concerned that there might have been some delays, causing my start date to be pushed back or the worst-case scenario of the offer being rescinded. In early 2006, when I was hired with MetLife, there were a couple of hiccups in the process and I started a couple weeks later than I would have liked. This time I was a bit concerned about the drug test. The night before the drug test I smoked a monster doobie. A couple of days before the drug test I had an attack of gout in my foot and went to the doc. He gave me some painkillers, and I was concerned that the opoid medication would show up in my urinalysis. I guess it didn't, or it at least wasn't a big deal, because I got a confirmation email stating that I was all squared away to start work on January 19 (also my birthday). It's about time, 5 months of no work has been brutal.

0 comments: